Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Q&A with Mr. Theler


You probably have questions about me so I’ve done a short Q & A session below.

Q: What is your educational experience?
A: I graduated from BYU with a degree in Elementary Education. I taught at Northridge Elementary (in Orem) for six years. During that time I got a Masters Degree in Diverse Learning from the University of Phoenix.  I then served as the Assistant Principal at Rocky Mountain Elementary (in Lindon) for three years. During that time I got a Masters Degree in Educational Leadership from BYU. I have been serving as the principal of Lindon Elementary for the last six years.

Q: What is your favorite part about being a principal?
A: My motto is “Work hard. Learn well. Play often.” As a principal, I get to help dozens of adults and hundreds of students enjoy the learning process together. I also cherish the wonderful relationships I have forged with many fantastic PTA moms and dads here at Lindon Elementary. I hope those same bonds of mutual respect and admiration will quickly develop at this new school.


Q: What are some reasons we should have confidence in you as our new principal?
A: In 2007, Lindon Elementary’s CRT scores were 83%, 74%, and 70% in Language, Math, and Science. In 2010 those same scores were 84%, 84%, and 80%. In 2007, I received “Rookie Principal of the Year” for the State of Utah. In 2010, I received the “PTA Principal of the Year” for the State of Utah. We have implemented many successful innovative programs at Lindon ELemetnary in the last six years, including Reteach & Enrich, Family Math Nights, and the Lindon Literacy Project.

Q: What is your family like?
A: My wife, three children, and I live in American Fork. My wife is talented in many ways, but her passion is writing. She has had two book published and is a Board Member of the LDS Storymakers. My fun-loving kids are 12, 10, and 7 years old. My wife and I enjoy running relay races together. I like to cook, play golf with my brothers, and play board games with my kids.


1 comment: